Thursday, June 25, 2009

the beginning!

AHH yes. We are stealing someone's wi-fi here so YES I HAVE INTERNET. So I figured I'll keep a travel diary journal thing because it gives me something to do that isn't AP homework...

EDIT: okay yeah... stolen wi-fi isnt the best way to upload a gazillion pictures. So for now, it's just going to be a lot of text. Pictures sometime soon, I promise.

So. First few days in Taiwan have been pretty cool.

PRELUDE: Airplane was gah small...the food was crappy, etc etc the usual. There were a ton of movies though. Which didn't really matter much because I slept for like 9.5 hours, and then I didn't want to start a movie in the middle... so I didn't get to watch WATCHMEN. It's okay though... I'll catch it some other time I suppose...

DAY ONE 6/24:
We arrived in Taoyuan around 6 AM and blah blah got to my grandma's house at around 8 AM. Then we had yummy breakfast and then unpacked for a bit, then we all took a nap. Blah blah... slept until around noon, woke up, had some delicious 米粉. Then me, my sister, and my grandma's helper walked to get some groceries and some desserts. Blah blah.... dinner. Met my cousin's finance... seems nice enough. Blah blah. Then we walked over to the malls across the street and shopped for a bit. It's freaking amazing how much Taipei has expanded since I was last here 2 years ago. Blah blah came home showered... (YES! Ugh Taiwan is so HUMID!) watched some TV and slept. Long day.

I just realized that the above must have been quite boring and painful to read. Sorry, it must be because I don't remember too much from being very very exhausted from the plane ride.

DAY TWO 6/25:
[[[journal notes]]]
6:20 AM: Just woke up from a nightmare... was going to go to prison for 38 days for attacking some dude with I think a shovel? I think it was at anger management camp or something. sister says this is a sign. To defend my dream-self, I gotta say that that guy was a real DOUCHEBAG. if I could only remember what happened... Anyway seriously very freaky and felt very real.
8:30 AM: Aunt came over... ugh... I really don't like her very much... She didn't really look at me... I guess I should be used to this. She does do a lot for me so that is good. But still.... UGH. frustrated. went upstairs and connected to a world half a globe away and felt much better.
10:20 AM: riding the bus with mom and sister on our way to lunch with 高阿姨, my mom's friend. she's really awesome. But sitting here on the bus... NOTE TO SELF: IT'S OKAY TO BE ALONE.

That's all for journal notes today. Here comes the real journal entry.
So we went to lunch at 鼎泰豐, which is this really famous restaurant famous for their 小龍包. I would have a huge load of pictures to show everyone but yeah. Read above. Anyway, YUM YUM It was good.

Afterwards, we had some time to kill before we went to get our backs straightened by this ... chiropractor I guess you could say? So we went to visit the kidergarten/tutoring place that my sister and I used to work at two years ago. They still remember us. :) :) I wish I took pictures because they are freaking adorable kids, but they were supposed to be napping, and I know I'll visit later.

After killing enough time, we got our backs straightened... yay yay. Then we went to have afternoon coffee/tea. My mom's friend loves afternoon tea so we always go. I LOVE THIS PART OF TAIWAN TRIPS. The cakes we ordered were DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL. Again, pictures soon.

EDIT: OH MY GOD. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO POST ABOUT THIS TRIP FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS. But I'm getting super lazy so I'll try to do it .... in bits and pieces. Here are the first two days as a taste.


More to come later...

3 comments:

  1. mm din tai fung :)
    i went there twice, in singapore AND in taiwan
    bc my relatives in taiwan didnt know we already went...soo yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehh, i don't really like 鼎泰豐 all that much. maybe it's because i've eaten there so many times throughout the past few years but i don't think the stuff there is as good as all its hype would suggest. the fried rice is good though, can't deny that.

    AFTERNOON TEA IS BOMB! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading all of these :).