Saturday, April 25, 2009

a rumination








Isn't it strange that everyone wants to be loved?
I wonder if romantic love is that much more different than any other kind of love.
Maybe it's the children that have it right; love is the same love for everyone.
Maybe it just all boils down to who you like talking to and who you enjoy spending time with.
Then, I suppose, that unconditional love seems a little ridiculous.
Why should anything be unconditional?
How could you love a child, even if they grow up and become monsters?
But, we are strange things.
I think love is so hyped up, that inevitable I will be disappointed. Maybe it isn't all that good.
Maybe we are all reaching for something fantastic and unworldly, an emotion that only belongs in places of imagination and Disneyland.
I think a kiss will taste like candy. Like stolen candy, because stolen candy always tastes better.
I want to love more. I think I'm too selfish and demanding. I'm not selfless enough to love many people.
I want to love more. I want to love.
I don't think there is someone you are fated to be with. If there is, well, it just seems like there are so many ways to go wrong.
I think love is just a lot of work. Not in a bad way really, but it's all about the time and effort you put it.
I suppose certain people are better suited for each other than others, but is it really possible to find someone you are fated to love?
I wonder how you know if you find your fated person, if that does exist.
I wonder how it's so easy to love a flower, a food, but sometimes it's just impossible to even like a person.
People are strange things.



all photos: flickr.com

2 comments:

  1. Yay! One of the most profound posts yet! You shared some thoughts i had myself, and it is nice to have others worry/fear about the same things. when you are in love, let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this.

    Especially the "stolen candy." Do you know because you've stolen candy? Why would you steal, over everything, candy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading all of these :).