Wednesday, April 1, 2009

today...

I keep falling asleep in class. I suppose it has to do with my incomprehensible desires to watch movies everyday, weeknights included.

The strangest thing happens when I fall asleep in music classes though. I start dreaming, but it's more like 5 second snapshots and lightning speed stream of consciousness. My brain dreams random RANDOM stuff, from like Italy to the composition of the ink of my pen. I don't really understand it. I've tried explaining how totally bizarre this is, but not only is it strange dreams, but it also occurs in the time frame of about one minute, and no one but James seems to really get it. Maybe we are just a pair of oddballs.

No, but seriously. Most BIZARRE thing EVER. And it only happens in music classes.

I always want to grab a pencil and a notebook and jot things down when I'm flying through surreal universes like that. It's like Freudian psychology or something... anyway, I'm sure it would make amazing inspiration for amazing poetry.

And yeah...my head lolls when I'm dreaming like that. James has confirmed that. (is embarrassed...)

I also fell asleep in AP Euro today. I really didn't mean to but uh...yeah. Apparently, Mr. Feldt was like: Jasmine. Jasmine. JASMINE. ... Lemiece, can you wake her up?

When I opened my eyes, everyone was staring at me. I was like: HUH?! and Mr. Feldt goes: I just wanted to let you know that Stalin is alive.

Mr. Feldt is sheer awesomeness. But geezus, that wasn't embarrassing at all....

So, I went home and took a 4.5 hr nap. Uhm... yeah. I woke up at 9:30 because James called me, suspicious that I was totally conked out. When he told me the time...let's just say there was profanity. An ample amount of it.

I'm kinda rambling but yeah.

Here are some poems written for my creative writing class:

a love poem
watch me dance
dance
dance with me
so maybe you don’t wanna dance?
no, no
dance with me
watch me
dance with you

temptations
if I touch you softly
can you hear me?
and if I say don’t go
don’t go
will you be able resist the
cherry red lips of Freedom
and come warm my grey mouth of loneliness
instead?

a celebration
I have netting on my legs
vines crawling up my calves
my thighs embossed with
lacy roses
there’s netting on my legs
scandalous, daring
oh! shocking!
I can feel the rush of
headlong apprehension
as I walk down the streets
strutting to the music
of my lace legs

Here's one that's sort of a found poem/inspired by a passage from the Life of Pi by Yann Martel (which is a great book.)

fear
i must say something
about fear
it’s life’s only true opponent

it’s sly! slipping into your mind like a spy
you are weakening, wavering…

quickly now! rash decisions: come come!
goodbye, hope! trust!

and then fear nestles softly in your memory
like a gangrene

and then it’s too late
and you will find
that somewhere in that wordless darkness
you lost
because you have never fought the opponent
who defeated you

Yup yup, I think that's all I have to say now...

Time to go read 20 pages of the FUN enviro lab manuel...

Now Playing: Tokio Hotel - Totgeliebt

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Feldt: You rock!!

    Btw this is prob the most awesome post yet!! Very strange and entertaining... esp: "Stalin is alive!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading all of these :).