Tuesday, January 12, 2010

lusting sheer cotton

An actual fashion post instead of a random photo vomit post.

DESIGNER: Therese Rawsthorne

I stumbled upon her line a couple days and have been meaning to write about her. Because she. is. amazing.

I love how her clothing has this modern, very strong look, yet is also carelessly feminine. The use of natural, plain colors in soft textures and folds in not anything particularily new I suppose, but the way Therese Rawsthorne renders her ideas into clothing is truly very elegant. However, the undone, supposedly careless look of all her work gives an impression of effortless ease. Her work is a great study in contrasts.





all photos: thereserawsthorne.com

Love the last two especially... the slightly sheer cotton tumbling off the model's frame. Gorgeous. And then the seductive bustier with the weekend sweater look. Love.

Therese is a relatively new designer, putting on her first fashion show in April 2009. I'm definitely expecting great things from her in the future.





Time to ramble about my life...

School is alright. Barely any homework except for APUSH... and I just am TOO GOOD at wasting time. I'm working on that... trying to work on my blog and fashion and etsy stuff. Scholarships too... Plenty to do. Siz hours in front of a computer doing god knows what is NOT GOOD.

Pretty excited for second semester. Time to leave behind all of the crap from previous semesters, and just... remember the people who really matter, the people I will really miss when I leave. There isn't much time left and I really want to make use of every second. I can't wait for just a lot of time with friends, one-on-one yogurt dates, or ice cream runs, or coffee breaks. Yes, I'm quite a foodie. Hopefully enough people will be free enough so that I have people to hang out with.

I will miss high school. But I think I'm ready to leave.

Speaking of food... have gained quite a few lbs. No idea why... maybe stress? (at what?) Emma and I are embarking on a serious exercise regime so we should be good.

Sunbursts are so pretty.

Anyway, painted my nails a firetruck red... I'm going to take that as a sign for more cheeriness and laughter to come. Cheers to a new year everyone.





Now Playing: Holiday - Hillary Duff... reminiscent of last year...

(Where did you go oh where did you go...?)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I think I've said this in another post but ... Your blog is absolutely gorgeous! I love the nymph dress and that jumper, I need one!
    http://mypeachprincess.blogspot.com
    Love,
    xx. Peach Princess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading all of these :).